Fall 2023 Trainings
October 3, 10, 17
12:00 noon - 1:00 p.m.
Each fall and spring semester, the Office of Sustainability hosts a three-part Sustainability Stewards certification. This virtual certification, open to students, staff and faculty, is an overview of basic sustainability principles such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, zero waste, renewable energy, climate change, environmental justice, sustainability on campus, and more. Participants are encouraged to ask questions, interact with the course content, and participate in a short voluntary quiz at the end of each training session.
At the end of this training, participants will receive the Sustainability Steward designation, certifying that they understand basic principles and concepts of sustainability, as well as a certificate and a Sustainability Steward sticker to display.
Fall 2023 Trainings
Spring 2024 Trainings
TBD [To Be Determined]
Please check back in Spring 2024
Introducing the Green Office Certification
The Office of Sustainability at UT Dallas is proud to introduce the Green Office Certification Program. This program is designed to be a fun, user-friendly, and engaging tool to help assess how “green” we are operating on a department, office, and individual level. Offices can rank as platinum, gold, silver, or bronze based on the sustainable practices that have been implemented by the department.
We hope that the Green Office Certification Program is a tool that will help your office in adopting sustainable practices. View a training on how to be a successful Green Office. Certified Green Offices will also receive regular newsletters, which will provide education to improve campus sustainability and help to build a culture of stewardship on campus.
- Become a Certified Remote Green Office!
- Become a Certified Green Office In 5 Easy Steps!
- Celebrating Green-ness
- Sustainability Ambassadors
- Program Participants
Become a Certified Remote Green Office!
This certification is designed to recognize faculty or staff members for sustainability efforts made in their remote workspace. View a training on how to be sustainable remotely.
- Individuals may download and complete the Remote Green Office Worksheet (XLSX [Office Open XML Workbook] ). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
- Submit completed worksheets to email@example.com.
- A certificate recognizing your efforts will be delivered via email!
Become a Certified Green Office In 5 Easy Steps!
- Get support from your office leadership to participate in the program.
- Download the Green Office Certification Worksheet (XLSX [Office Open XML Workbook] ).
- Coordinate with your colleagues to complete the worksheet electronically.
- Submit completed worksheet to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
- Optional: Schedule a consultation with Office of Sustainability staff by contacting email@example.com.
- Must be a University department or an office/unit within a department.
Must have more than two full-time employees comprising the department and/or office
— or —
Full-time employees working remotely or in a hybrid format may certify their remote office as a Certified Remote Green Office.
- Employees in certified green offices will receive an “I Make UTD Green” coffee mug, as supplies last and are available.
- Certified green offices will receive signage to hang in recognition of their sustainability efforts.
- All certified offices will be recognized on the sustainability website.
The contact listed on the Green Office Certification application will be designated as a Sustainability Ambassador. The Sustainability Ambassador will be the point of contact between the Office of Sustainability and the certified office. The ambassador will share sustainability news, information, and educational material with their office and other employees on-campus. Each ambassador must attend at least one training provided by The Office of Sustainability per academic year. The focus of the training is to learn more about the Green Office Certification Program, how-to effectively educate others on how to be more sustainable in the workplace, and to share best practices in raising awareness of sustainability programs. Training opportunities will be provided annually and/or may be requested if attendance is not possible.
|Office / Department||Rank||Completed On|
|GR 2.816||Gold||October 28, 2021|
|Operations Management Department||Naveen Jindal School of Management||Silver||February 17, 2020|
|The Office of Sustainability||Facilities Management||Platinum||September 24, 2018|
|Admissions Processing||Admissions & Enrollment||Gold||October 22, 2018|
|Sign & Key Shop||Facilities Management||Gold||October 24, 2018|
|Custodial Shop||Facilities Management||Gold||November 7, 2018|
|Grounds Shop||Facilities Management||Gold||November 7, 2018|
|Engineering Office||Facilities Management||Gold||November 12, 2018|
|Library & Technical Services Department||Eugene McDermott Library||Bronze||December 6, 2018|
|The Office of Facilities & Economic Development||Facilities & Economic Development||Gold||February 13, 2019|
|Plumbing Shop||Facilities Management||Silver||February 14, 2019|
|The Office of Student Volunteerism||Student Affairs||Gold||February 15, 2019|
|Business Services||Facilities Management||Platinum||March 8, 2019|
|Comet Card Office||Student Affairs||Silver||April 18, 2019|